Ayushman Bharat Card Online Application: PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana list is now available for all users. The Government of India has introduced several schemes over time to improve the lives of people and extend the benefits of these schemes to all. One such initiative was started by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, which provides financial health insurance to the less privileged and underprivileged sections of society to overcome health-related issues. This health insurance covers up to five lakhs of rupees, and treats over 1350 illnesses and medical conditions, absolutely free of cost.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana was launched on Bhimrao Ambedkar’s birth anniversary on 14th April 2018, in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh state. It was later implemented across India on 25th September 2018, on the birthday of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay. The Union Health Ministry administers the scheme.
The Government of India launched Ayushman Bharat as a flagship project in alignment with the National Health Policy 2017 to achieve the vision of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) commitment of “leave no one behind.”
This initiative aims to shift from a segmented sectoral approach towards a comprehensive, need-based healthcare service. It targets to take path-breaking measures to address the healthcare system across levels, from primary to tertiary, which includes prevention, promotion, and ambulatory care. Ayushman Bharat adopts a continuum of care approach comprising two interconnected components, Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) and Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY).
On 23rd September 2018, the Honorable Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi launched Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) in Ranchi, Jharkhand. AB PM-JAY aims at providing a health cover of ₹ 5,00,000 annually to over 10.74 crores poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) that form the bottom 40% of the Indian population for secondary and tertiary healthcare hospitalization.
- 1 Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
- 2 Eligibility Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
- 3 Application Process for Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
- 4 Documents Required for Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
- 5 FAQ’s on Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
- 5.1 Do beneficiaries need to make any payment to avail the benefits of the scheme?
- 5.2 How does one enroll in PM-JAY, and is there any specific enrollment deadline?
- 5.3 Will the beneficiary be provided with a card?
- 5.4 Are pre-existing medical conditions covered under PM-JAY?
- 5.5 Are newborn children eligible for benefits under PM-JAY?
- 5.6 Are RSBY cardholders covered under the scheme?
- 5.7 Can benefits under this scheme be available without Aadhar Card?
- 5.8 What is Ayushman Mitra?
- 5.9 What is the toll-free number for Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
- 5.10 What is the address of Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Useful Links
Highlights of Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
|Ayushman Bharat Scheme
|by PM Narendra Modi
|14 April 2018
|implemented across the country
|25 September 2018
|Providing health insurance of Rs.05 lakh
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
AB PM-JAY provides cashless coverage of up to ₹ 5,00,000 per eligible family each year for listed secondary and tertiary care conditions. The coverage also includes expenses incurred on the following aspects of treatment:
- Medical examination, consultation, and treatment
- Medicine and medical consumables
- Non-intensive and intensive care services
- Diagnostic and laboratory investigations
- Necessary medical implantation services
- Accommodation expenses
- Food services
- Complications that arise during treatment
- Post-hospitalization follow-up care for up to 15 days.
The coverage benefits of ₹ 5,00,000 can be availed of by any member of the eligible family as it is on a family floater basis. AB PM-JAY does not impose any limit on the family size or the age of members. Eligible individuals with any medical condition can undergo treatment for their ailments from the day they are enrolled in the PM-JAY scheme.
Eligibility Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
For Rural Residents:
- Scheduled caste and scheduled tribe households
- Families having no male member between the ages of 16 and 59 years
- Beggars and those who survive on alms
- Families with no individuals aged between 16 and 59 years
- Families comprising of at least one person with a physical disability and without any able-bodied adult member
- Landless households who make their livelihood as casual manual laborers
- Primitive tribal communities
- Legally released bonded laborers
- Families living in makeshift houses with no proper walls or roof and with only one room
- Manual scavenger families
For Urban Residents:
- Mechanics, electricians, and repair workers
- Domestic help
- Sanitation workers, gardeners, and sweepers
- Home-based artisans or handicraft workers, and tailors
- Cobblers, hawkers, and pavement service providers
- Plumbers, masons, construction workers, porters, welders, painters, and security guards
- Transport workers such as drivers, conductors, helpers, and cart or rickshaw pullers
- Assistants, peons in small establishments, delivery boys, shopkeepers, and waiters
Application Process for Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
Step by step process to obtain PMJAY e-card offline:
- The Arogya Mitra searches the list of beneficiaries available by considering details like name, location, ration card number, mobile number, or RSBY URN of the beneficiary. The BIS is queried to see whether the beneficiary is registered or not. If so, the valid scanned ID documents are uploaded.
- The potential beneficiary must visit a hospital or Community Service Centre (CSC) for identification to obtain a PMJAY e-card for themselves and their family.
- Potential beneficiary needs to submit the PM letter/RSBY URN/RC Number/Mobile Number, following which the Arogya Mitra searches the list of available beneficiaries. This will include details such as their name, location, ration card number, mobile number, or RSBY URN.
- Operator will search for the potential beneficiary in the SECC, RSBY, State Health Scheme, and Additional Data Collection Databases.
- Individual identification will be verified by requesting documents like Aadhaar or any government ID and a Ration Card or an alternative family ID to validate against the available database. The scanned documents are then uploaded.
- Family identification is confirmed via the ration card and similar documents are uploaded. The individual and family records are then submitted to the trust or insurance company for approval.
- Health insurance company or trust approves or recommends rejection for the submitted beneficiaries. In situations where rejection is suggested, the State Health Agency (SHA) conducts a final verification before approving or rejecting the application.
- On approval by the SHA/insurance company/trust, an e-card will be issued to the beneficiary.
Documents Required for Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
Here are the required documents for availing certain services:
- Age and identity proof which can be Aadhaar Card or PAN Card.
- Proof of current address.
- Contact details including mobile number and email address.
- Caste certificate, if required.
- Income certificate.
- Document proof of the current family status, whether joint or nuclear.
- Aadhaar Card.
List of diseases covered under Ayushman Bharat Yojana
|coronary artery bypass grafting
|Skull Based Surgery
|double valve replacement
|anterior spine fixation
|Pulmonary Valve Replacement
|knee replacement, etc
List of diseases not covered under Ayushman Bharat Scheme [Not Covered under Ayushman Scheme]
|View Ayushman Bharat Scheme Name (Search)
|Ayushman Bharat Yojana Form 2023
|PM-JAY Hospital Performance
|PMJAY De-empaneled Hospitals
|Hospital Empanelment Module
|Join Us on Telegram
|Health Benefit Packages
|State/UTs at a Glance
FAQ’s on Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023
Do beneficiaries need to make any payment to avail the benefits of the scheme?
No, eligible beneficiaries do not need to make any payment to avail the benefits of the scheme. Secondary and tertiary hospital care for specific packages identified under PM-JAY at public hospitals and empaneled private hospitals will be available for free. Furthermore, beneficiaries will have access to cashless and paperless health services under PM-JAY.
How does one enroll in PM-JAY, and is there any specific enrollment deadline?
PM-JAY is an entitlement-based initiative with no enrolment process. Families identified by the government based on deprivation and occupational criteria, using the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) database for both rural and urban areas are eligible for PM-JAY benefits. Therefore, there is no need for individuals to enroll separately for PM-JAY. There is no specific deadline for enrollment as it is an entitlement program.
Will the beneficiary be provided with a card?
Yes. Eligible families will receive a dedicated PM-JAY family identification number. Furthermore, beneficiaries will be provided with an e-card at the time of hospitalization.
Are pre-existing medical conditions covered under PM-JAY?
Yes. PM-JAY covers all pre-existing medical conditions and illnesses for eligible beneficiaries.
Are newborn children eligible for benefits under PM-JAY?
Yes. Newborn children can receive medical treatment under PM-JAY. If necessary documents are provided, they can also be added to the beneficiary family.
Are RSBY cardholders covered under the scheme?
Any family that has an active RSBY card as of 28 February 2018 is covered under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan mantra Jan Arogya Yojana.
Can benefits under this scheme be available without Aadhar Card?
No, it is not necessary to have an Aadhaar Card to access the benefits provided by PM-JAY. The beneficiaries can use other government-approved identification documents like PAN Card or any other valid government ID proofs as identity proof for availing of benefits.
What is Ayushman Mitra?
An Ayushman Mitra (AM) is an authorized frontline health service professional available at every EHCP. He/she serves as the initial point of contact for beneficiaries and assists in processing documents necessary for beneficiary identification and complete claim process along with the Medical Coordinator. Patients can get assistance from Ayushman Mitras present at Ayushman Bharat Kiosks in each EHCP.
What is the toll-free number for Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
The toll-free numbers for Ayushman Bharat Yojana are 14555 and 1800111565.
What is the address of Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
9th Floor, Tower-l, Jeevan Bharati Building, Connaught Place, New Delhi – 110001
Ayushman Bharat Yojana card is a game-changing initiative for providing healthcare access to economically weaker and socially disadvantaged individuals and families in India. The card empowers such individuals and families to access quality healthcare services without financial burdens, ensuring that the cost of medical treatment doesn’t hinder them from seeking timely care. Together with the government’s efforts towards strengthening primary healthcare, the Ayushman Bharat Yojana card is transforming the healthcare landscape in India, providing hope for an inclusive and equitable healthcare system in the future.