PM Ujjwala Yojana 2023: The Pradhanmantri Ujjawala Yojana for 2023 provides an essential welfare scheme that has proven to be helpful to the people, particularly during the epidemic outbreak such as Corona virus that has affected the entire world, including India. It is a program initiated by the government that directly reaches poor individuals and provides them with free cylinders. This initiative has been crucial in aiding families living in rural areas and women who are above 18 years old and possess a BPL card.
As part of the PM Ujjwala Yojana, a grant of Rs.3200 is given to the gas agency, with Rs.1600 being borne by the central government and the other Rs.1600 by the oil company. During the peak of the Corona virus pandemic, the government also provided free cylinders to eligible beneficiaries for three months under the Ujjwala scheme.
- 1 When was the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana first implemented?
- 2 Objective of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- 3 PM Ujjwala Yojana BPL New List 2023 Highlights
- 4 How to apply in PM Ujjwala Yojana?
- 5 Eligibility for PMUY
- 6 Documents Required for PM Ujjwala scheme
- 7 Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Free Gas Connection Apply 2023
- 8 How to refill Ujjwala scheme
- 9 PM Ujjwala Application Form Pdf Download – 2023
- 10 Eligibility Criteria for Ujjwala Yojana 2.0
- 11 Budget and Allocation of Ujjwala Yojana 2.0
- 12 Ujjwala yojana Contact Details
When was the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana first implemented?
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, which started on May 1, 2016, aimed to help families living in poverty by providing them with clean cooking fuel. The program provided free gas connections to 5 crore families by 2019, and it has been a successful initiative of the NDA government. During the Corona outbreak, the government provided free gas cylinders to beneficiaries for three months under the Ujjwala scheme.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Here are some of the main objectives of the PM Ujjwala scheme:
- To reduce the number of trees being cut down for firewood by providing gas at home.
- To empower women by giving them access to cleaner fuel for cooking.
- To reduce the smoke that is typically produced while cooking and thereby promote a more pleasant and healthy kitchen environment.
- To provide a clean cooking fuel for households that are living below the poverty line.
- To reduce the usage of fossil fuels in rural areas, where there’s a potential for air pollution and negative health consequences.
- To decrease pollution levels in rural areas.
- The PM Ujjwala scheme successfully manages to achieve all these objectives with a single scheme, making it one of the government’s most successful welfare initiatives.
PM Ujjwala Yojana BPL New List 2023 Highlights
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|initiated by||by PM Narendra Modi|
|Department||Ministry of petroleum gas|
|Beneficiary||poor women of the country|
|Objective||Providing LPG Gas Cylinder|
How to apply in PM Ujjwala Yojana?
Currently, the PM Ujjwala Yojana scheme doesn’t have an online application system for registering beneficiaries. However, the Prime Minister has plans to enable online registration by 2023. Until then, eligible individuals can easily apply by filling out a straightforward offline form.
To apply for the Ujjwala Yojana scheme, you can obtain the application format by visiting your nearest gas agency. We have also provided the Ujjwala Yojana Form PDF below, which you can download.
Eligibility for PMUY
Here are the eligibility criteria for PMUY:
- The applicant must be a female.
- The applicant woman should be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant family should belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category.
- The PM Ujjwala Yojana cylinder must not be in anyone else’s name from the applicant woman’s family.
Documents Required for PM Ujjwala scheme
Here are the documents required for the PM Ujjwala Yojana scheme:
- Aadhaar card.
- Passport size photograph.
- BPL card.
- Ration card.
- Bank passbook.
- Age certificate.
- BPL List (printed)
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Free Gas Connection Apply 2023
To apply for a free gas connection under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in 2023, you should visit the closest gas agency. When you visit the gas agency, all you need to do is ask for the application form to request a PM Ujjwala Yojana free gas connection. It is necessary to fill out this form and submit it to the gas agency. You would also be provided with a list of required documents that you need to include with your application.
How to refill Ujjwala scheme
The central government provides a subsidy for gas cylinders obtained through the PM Ujjwala Yojana scheme. However, beneficiaries may wonder if the government also gives subsidies for refilling the gas cylinder. If a BPL PM Ujjwala Yojana beneficiary pays for anything while taking the gas cylinder, the government offers some subsidy for refilling the cylinder. The government first introduced the Ujjwala scheme back in 2016, and it provides beneficiaries with a subsidy of Rs 1600.
PM Ujjwala Application Form Pdf Download – 2023
You can also download the PM Ujjwala Yojana form online as a PDF format by clicking on the provided link below.
|PM Ujjawala Yojana fdf||Click Here|
|PM Ujjawala Toll Free Number Toll Free Number||18002666696|
Eligibility Criteria for Ujjwala Yojana 2.0
The eligibility criteria for Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 are almost the same as they were for the first phase. Here is a list of people who are eligible to receive gas cylinders under the Ujjwala Yojana initiative:
- Women from Scheduled Caste (SC) families.
- Women from Scheduled Tribe (ST) families.
- Beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Rural).
- Women from Extremely Backward Class (OBC) families.
- Women who are beneficiaries of the Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY).
- Women belonging to tea and former tea garden tribes.
- Women from forest communities.
- Women from families living in Islands and River Islands.
- SECC Family.
- Families who belong to the category of poor families according to the 14-point declaration.
Budget and Allocation of Ujjwala Yojana 2.0
Revised budget and allocation plan for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
The Indian government has allocated a total budget of Rs. 8000 crore for the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana over a period of three years, starting from the financial year 2016-17. In the initial year of implementation, which was 2016-2017, the government had already allocated Rs. 2000 crore for the scheme. In the current financial year, the government aims to provide LPG connections to approximately 1.5 crore Below Poverty Line (BPL) households.
To fund the scheme, the Indian government has utilised the savings generated through its “Give It Up” campaign, which encourages citizens to voluntarily give up their LPG subsidy. The government has saved around Rs. 5,000 crore in LPG subsidy since the launch of the campaign. So far, 1.13 crore people have opted out of LPG subsidy and are buying cylinders at the market price.
Financial assistance and other benefits
Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, eligible BPL families will receive financial assistance of Rs. 1600 for each LPG connection. The connections will be issued in the name of the female head of the household. Additionally, the government will provide an EMI facility to help households pay off the cost of the LPG stove and cylinder.
Ujjwala yojana Contact Details
We have provided nearly all the necessary information concerning the Ujjwala Yojana scheme in this article. However, if you still have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to utilize the toll-free numbers below for assistance.
1906 & 18002333555